The Tweedles

Saturday, November 03, 2007

3 Years ago.

3 years ago today I went into the Second Cup in Westhills in Calgary and saw the boy. He was sitting at the low counter playing with is palm pilot phone, sipping some frou frou drink that he seemed uncomfortable with. I approached him and made some sarcastic comment about his watch having a calculator on it, and he rewarded me with a smile. We struck up a conversation, only to be interrupted by me getting myself a cup of the best tea* in the world. After we'd both finished our drinks after what seemed to be 2 minutes we decide to go and see a movie. After the movie we sat in my car and talked for another 4 hours, taking us into the wee hours of the night. Realizing that I had to work in a couple hours we said our good nights and went on our merry way.
He was a perfect gentleman. He didn't try to kiss me, grope me or suggest anything inappropriate. Which was a treat in comparison to other dates I had been on recently, with the most recent leaving me literally laughing in some guy's face as he forced a kiss on me, complete with excessive drool and floppy fish tongue. It was so ridiculous, that I was laughing into his mouth as I was trying to pull away from his Vulcan death grip of (his perceived) passion. I never saw Vulcan bad kisser boy again.
Our second date (with Adam) was 2 days later, we saw a movie and went for pho. He dropped me off at home, then in the shyest and cutest manner he leaned in and landed a perfect first kiss. Gentle and sweet, with no drool, tongue or bruising. A week and a half later I had to move 4 hours out of the city for work, and the first weekend I was gone he came to visit me. Then I realized that he was truly special. By Christmas 2004 I knew I was in love, but didn't mention the L-word until Valentines Day. He reciprocated the L-word 3 months after that, although I did find out later that he fell in love with me about the same time I did with him. We were both just being overly cautious.
And now here we are, married nearly 2 years with a baby on the way.
It's story book.... Just the way I'd always imagined it.


* I love their Christmas tea, but it looks like it's been discontinued. This looks similar.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11/05/2007 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that's so sweet!

Wow, I'm so used to the whole internet-paradigm thing for dating nowadays that I forget that people can actually meet IN PERSON! :) (Me & my hubby met online)

 
At 11/05/2007 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee. I remember the whole "omg I totally love him. I can't tell him I love him yet" stress... wow that seems like SO LONG AGO.. and now look at you guys :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home