The Tweedles

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Las Vegas

I've been neglecting my blog for a while. I've had visitors and I've been busy. Plus I've had 2 comments in the past week, so I'm not really all that eagar to post... sigh.

Anyhow we went to Vegas over the long weekend. It was interesting.
Vegas is a strange place. I havne't yet decided if I liked it. All of the lights are all pretty and what not, but they are also garish. They look so unnatural on the backdrop of the desert.

While we were there we were solicited for a time share. Which is an interesting concept, but Adam and I aren't in the right place in our life right now. But they kept pushing and pushing, and finally they just got beligerent and gave up. It was mildly amusing. The manager who was really working us was a horrible sales person. She couldn't keep a consistent argument as to why we should purchase a time share. She started by saying that it was a great investment, then 5 minutes later she would say that it isn't an investment. She said that she wouldn't get in the way of us buying a house, then she would comment that if we couldn't afford the payments for a time share, then clearly we couldn't afford a house.
"Because it's only $128 a month!"
I explained to her the latte factor. She just rolled her eyes at me.
Finally the whole arguement broke down, we want to buy a house, houses here are $850K and we understand that vacations are good for a marriage but at this time and place in our marriage, a house is priority.
So we didn't get the time share, and they ran out of the $100 visa gift cards that we were supposed to get. Bastards!

While we were in Vegas Adam got sick. The doctor says it's a stomach flu, which is still plauging him. Poor guy eats, and 10 minites later is running off to the washroom to uhhhh... eliminate. I've been giving him lots of Gatorade and Cream of Rice cereal. The doctor said to stay hydrated and eat easy things like rice and such. Hopefully he gets better soon.

Today I am off to Sonoma with Shelley. Interesting.

5 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay you're back!!
Poor Adam. Hope he feels better soon.

 
At 9/08/2006 3:10 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

Welcome home. Sorry to hear that Adam got sick while you were away, I hope he is feeling better now and is able to keep some food in him without having to race to the bathroom.
I tried some of that hot sauce…..” Dave’s Insanity sauce” that you bought Dad… holy it’s hot, whatever you use it in “ONLY” use 1/8 tsp at a time…….it does not seem like much but it is plenty let me tell you…!!!!!!
You were hassled by a sales woman for a time-share….a bit of a pain. Deadra I am sure that you put her in her place…LOL
Did you get to go to a show or something while in Vegas? Bart said that you were going to see David Spade or was Adam 2 sick for that.

 
At 9/08/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

Did you and Shelly have a good time in Sonoma? I hope so.
how long is Shelly staying with you.
talk to you later have a great day.

 
At 9/09/2006 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't understand timeshare salespeople. I once got a little postcard, one of those "You are a guaranteed winner!" things. Usually I chuck them in the trash, but for some strange reason I actually called the number to see what it was all about.

I know that this will come as no surprise to you, but:

1. I hadn't actually won anything.
2. Yeah there was a "prize" BUT
3. I would have to go to Tyler, TX for their presentation AND
4. That is three hours away.
5. They would only let me come if R came.
6. I told them they were better off without him, but they insisted.
7. When I told them he couldn't come anyway because he works everyday the lady on the phone started SCREAMING at me (I shit you not), "You're LYING!!!! Everyone has days off!!!!"
8. I hung up on her bitchy ass.

Now I just put them in the trash where they belong.

You guys should move to Texas. What costs 850K there costs 150K here. Of course, there are tradeoffs.

 
At 9/12/2006 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this wasn't the point of this blog entry BUT!!!! As a Canadian living in US and a former TN Visa holder ( Asuming Adam has one right now) AND a friend of a friend of yours... DON'T buy a house under THAT Visa! If you want more info from me relating to this email Alix and ask for my addy!

Jenny P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home