The Tweedles

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Problem with Dealerships, cont'd

Remember this? If you check the comments I mentioned that I would take care of it. So I called the dealership the next day and explained that the other mirror was broken. They argued with me. They said they didn't break it. Then they made an appointment for me to go in there today, at 8 am. So we did. It didn't go well.
It ended with me stalking off to my car, saying over my shoulder to the manager: "I hope your business suffers!" Now in retrospect, that was probably not the best thing to say. But I will make sure that I am going to be a thorn in his side. I think that has less of a bite though. "Hey Mister, you better watch it, or I will be a pain in your ass!" See less effective.
Anyhow when we got there the weenie dealership guy went to get a manager, who told us no. I argued with him, saying that we didn't break the mirror, and that I was unhappy with their customer service. I was not impressed that the cashier sent Adam into the mechanic's area to find his car. He denies this happened. That pissed me off so bad. I told him I wanted an apology, he didn't give one. He did remind us that he wouldn't do anything for us though. He said that if we wanted we could speak to the service manager, but he was in a meeting. So we waited. The service manager came out, and introduced him to Adam, and didn't even look at me. So Adam explained everything again. And he said no. So I stepped in.
People it was ugly. I was polite and respectful, but I don't like bad customer service. He denies that we received, or were receiving bad customer service. Oh and he wasn't going to fix the mirror. He says that we have no proof that they ruined it. Hmmm...
(OK I need to breathe for a moment, I'm getting all pissed again)
Ok back. The new manager went to get the "mechanic" who swore that he didn't break the mirror. By now the manager is getting belligerent and I am getting way hotter. I decide rather than stand here and yell, I would end it. I told him that it was fine, but I would make sure that every person I spoke with would know that Sunnyvale Chevrolet is horrible. I also told him that I would contact his superiors, and theirs, and that I would contact the better business bureau. He then asked me if I was threatening him. I told him no. I told him that I have a lot of time on my hands and I would follow up on all that I promised. Then I walked away.
So here is my plan of action:
I am going to find out who his boss is, and who owns the dealership and I will contact them both. I will tell everyone I know about this crap place, and I will contact the BBB. I will also contact GM Goodwrench, and all of the local Corvette Clubs. Then I will go to the newspapers. I'll go elsewhere to get the car fixed, and then I will send him a bill. I will be a thorn in his side.
I was even considering wearing a sandwich board on the street out front of the dealership. tee hee... I don't think I will, but that would be funny!

1 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dea! Go girl! I hate dealerships, too, although I'm biased because R hates them so much...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home