The Tweedles

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Catch Up

I have intentionally not written a post in a couple days because I over did it the other day. So now I get to announce to the world what I have been up to. And that would be..... recovering.
Holy macaroni I am a sore, sore girl. I don't remember rugby hurting me this much when I played before. There was a practice last night and my quads started screaming from "lets run a warm-up lap!" They are still yelling at me a little bit. I have no idea why they were being so belligerent. I warmed them up nicely, I stretched them nicely, I kept them moving, and yet- the yelling. Getting up from being on the ground was the hardest, but damn I love contact and you generally end up on the ground. Oh well, go hard or go home, eh?
I've found it interesting to have a male coach. He doesn't butter anyone up, and he isn't patronizing like other male coaches I've had. I've always had harder female coaches who call it how they see it and don't spend their coaching time trying to get laid... unlike the male coaches I have had in the past. The one I have now is married and he isn't there just to get his dick wet, he loves the sport and really supports women's rugby. YAY!
Back to the pain. I have a few theories, some mine and some other peoples. Julie thinks that I am not taking my vitamins, so I am not getting enough potassium. Adam thinks that I am doing too much, apparently working out 4 days a week, climbing 3 days a week and adding rugby to the mix makes for a sore Dea. My theory is that I'm old, I need to take my vitamins and I need to get used to all that I am doing. I missed climbing today because I was so effin' sore, and that made me a little, hmm, not happy. Also at the gym, Julie had me doing reverse pushups on a bar, which is bitchin' hard. (I guess they would be pull-ups, eh? but imagine doing push ups on a bar, so you're standing with your body at a 40-ish degree angle, now sit under the bar, with your body mirroring the position if you were standing, and pull yourself up to the bar. Oh and try not to make the bad sex face too, that's the really hard part!)
I haven't regaled you with stories of the gym people lately, and I can tell cause the Google ads are advertising ceramics, which is a sure sign that I talk more of my ceramics.
So the gym has the rules posted and it states that you must wear underwear or tights if you wear a thong. I swear if I ever see someone wearing granny panties with their thong body suit, I will die right then and there. Also the best thing about the body thongs that the ladies wear? Is that they are all stretched out and the thongy bit sags. Now that is pure class... or a sure sign that they should have stayed in the 80s where they belong!
Now I've noticed that the gym people at my work out gym are different from the gym people at my climbing gym. The work out gym people (WOGP) are more egotistical and more focused on themselves, and sometimes prowling for, well whatever people who prowl at a gym prowl for. Me? The dude next to me spraying me with his sweat, will NEVER EVER appear sexy to me, EVER! Eww! I find the WOGP to be more cliquey and unapproachable. Now I haven’t really tried to approach anyone, but I have noticed that all of the boob-ed girls who prance around fussing with their hair and pretending to work out, seem to get a lot of attention. Perhaps a short, sweaty, bad sex face makin' girl (me!) doesn’t attract much attention. Oh well, again I'm there to get sweaty, not giggle and pop bubble gum. In contrast are the Climbing Gym People (CGP), they are really supportive of one another, will lend a hand if asked to, and are so much more approachable! There have been a few times when Lauren or I have asked someone to show us something, or give a tip, and they do! Willingly! With a smile! And then offer encouragement! I understand that the gyms each serve a different purpose, but the CGP are more my kind of people. I like nice people.
And on to other non sports related issues. Adam's parents were supposed to be arriving tomorrow, but since Caesar the cat is sick, they are going to be getting here this weekend. So I'm off the hook to scrub the tiles with a toothbrush for a couple more days. Then next week my mom, brother and niece are coming out for a week, followed hot on their heels by an old friend of mine who will be staying for the better part of 2 weeks. She's coming to Las Vegas with us. Sooo exciting!

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the in-law visit Dea! Now get on your knees and start scrubbing!

Also, you may want to take a couple of days off a week from your athletic activities... sounds like you're overdoing it just a tad. Perhaps you should cut one workout day and one climbing day... just a suggestion!

 
At 8/18/2006 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"an OLD friend of mine".... I resemble that remark.. hmm... see you soon!

I am getting all sorts of Vegas advice from random sources...

Yay, Blue Man Group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home