The Tweedles

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Christmas for a Toddler.

Last year for Trixie's first Christmas we were pretty low key. We bought some ornaments to commemorate the day and didn't put too much effort into thinking of gifts for her because she was 10 months old and frankly was more interested in the paper. So we got her a baby doll and a box of tissues. She loved them both, a lot. The tissues have long since been torn up and thrown away, but the baby doll is still in regular rotation.
This year poses a whole new set of issues. She has opinions and likes, no wants yet though. She knows what toys are and loves the toy section of any store. I don't want to go really crazy though and overwhelm her with gifts because we don't have the space and I don't think she needs a lot of stuff. So I'm debating between a little kitchen or a toy train set. Both of which she will ADORE. Also I need to consider a gift that the baby will give her when he's born. So perhaps the kitchen would be a good Christmas gift and the train set a "yay you're world was just turned upside down and you have to love this!" gift.
Along with her big gift I'm also going to get her a little Caillou stuff, since she loves him and begs to have her Caillou time every day.
All in all, I am loving planning out her Christmas presents, it really is better to give than receive!
I'd tell you what I was going to get Adam, but he knows how to read and work a computer, so it would be less of a surprise for him! I'm sure he'd love a Daddy sized Caillou shirt though.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/05/2009 12:31 AM, Blogger Ze Ace said...

My very own Caillou shirt... wow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home