The Tweedles

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Booky love

I begged Adam to get me a Kindle for mother's day, and you know? He did! And oh mylanta I love it! Now considering I live in a really techy house, where we have a lot of the latest gadgets, and some so new that they have barely been released*, it would be pretty impressive to say that my Kindle is my favourite device in the house. I've even been so inspired to have gotten rid of more than half of my books, which is a large amount. I love that I can find pretty much any book that I search for** and that after I buy the book it only takes 60 seconds to upload to my device. AND if I want, most of the books are speech enabled so I can have books on tape! Then to make it even more wonderful I bought a little cover for it and a light to go with it so I can read at night without disrupting my bedfellows. (Trixie does not like any lights on at night.)
The most recent set of books that I have been reading has been the Anita Blake series. I am a little ashamed to say that I love them! They're pretty well written, although there are some pretty cliche moments, but I think it's more because the author started writing them in the 90s, making the comments about her fanny pack legitimate. Also in the later books, heck most of the books after book three, they start to get rather racy. But for the most part the plot moves along, so it's not just smut for smut's sake.
In some reviews that I've read people claim that they are enamoured with one of the characters Jean Claude, but I find him to be rather trite and over done. But mostly when I think of him I totally see The Count from Sesame Street in my head. It gets really disturbing when Jean Claude and Anita have sex.
One penis euphemism, ah ah ah, two penis euphemism ah ah ah, three penis....

*Adam's had this phone for a while as a tester. The "drrrroid" chime it makes is pretty annoying, but him and the baby love it.
**The Harry Potter series isn't on it. bummer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home