The Tweedles

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Amber Alert

Tonight Adam and I were watching TV and this Amber Alert came across the screen.
It made me so sad. Granted I've heard other alerts, but this one really affected me. The child who was kidnapped was a one year old. Trixie is one!
The father killed the mother and took off with the baby. All I can think about is how scared that baby must me. I hope she didn't see her dad kill her mom. I hope she knows her dad so that she's not too scared, and I hope he's being good to her.

Without being too sappy, I am grateful everyday that Adam and I have a happy marriage, this really helped to make me even more grateful. There is just so much turmoil around children nowadays. We're supposed to honour our children, not fight about them, and I see so much fighting.

Adam, my love. I am so grateful for you. So is Trixie, she tells you every time she drools on your head or gives you hugs with her slimy, drooly fingers.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/13/2009 1:38 AM, Anonymous moink said...

Every time I see any news about kids now, especially babies, I tear up. I just can't imagine how much it would hurt to have anything happen to your child.

And yes, yay for a happy marriage. It makes raising a child so much easier.

 
At 7/13/2009 5:01 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

I know! I can't help imagine it's Trixie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home