The Tweedles

Thursday, March 05, 2009

500 things

Since Spring is knocking on our door... (do you hear that Spring? Knock dammit!) I figured I'd get a jump on spring cleaning, kind of like really premature nesting, you know since I'm not even a little bit pregnant right now. So I've decided to get rid of 500 things before the end of the month. In order to hold myself accountable I thought I would share this goal with the whole world, all 3 of my readers!
The rules:
-everything counts as one, but papers do not (I have thousands of sheets of scrapbooking paper I'm sure) ergo a pair of socks is two things-- 500 is a BIG number!
-I've told Adam that if I get rid of 20 books I should get a Kindle, he's mulling that over
-I'm going to donate as much as I can, and clothes that are undonatable will go into my scrap bin, but will still count as removed from the house
-I should count the stuff I bring into the house against my 500, but I'm not (my game- my rules!)
-I will not save clothes, I will be ruthless. I figure that if I lose weight after baby #7 I should deserve new stuff, ya know? Also Adam may not know, but I'm going to be ruthless to his side of the closet too. Uhm, Honey, those polyester sweaters which make my skin crawl? GONE! And if you really have a deep connection to that too small wool suit, it will be in it's best interest to hide it, the world does not need to see 2 inches of ankle and wrist at formal functions.
-I won't get rid of baby stuff, after all I need to have babies #2-7 first!

I've decided to do this because Trixie is starting to take up more space and we only have 1600 square feet, and I have a lot of clothes that I just don't wear any more. After all lovely dress pants that I wore to the bank are just not suitable for playgrounds and sand boxes.
I also want to make more room in our bedroom so that Trixie can have a play area in there to allow for us to have a couple more minutes of sleep in the morning. Trixie o'clock is frighteningly early!

wish me luck! Also I dare you to try as well!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3/06/2009 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

I'm not sure I actually own 500 things! Maybe if you counted all my socks and underwear and individual spoons you might start to get into the hundreds, but if I got rid of 500 things we would all be naked and eating with our fingers off the floor.

 
At 3/06/2009 8:50 AM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

then you should not do this!!! hee hee...

 
At 3/11/2009 3:47 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

its a good Idea.......but I do not think that I am as ruthless as you are and I kind of feel a bit like " moink " but hey I could try for 125 things to start.........shame about the paper I am about to clean out the office and that has a HUGE amount of papers to go...........I have been spring cleaning the house washing walls and things like that,...........it seems like the right month to be doing this but really its the wrong time of the year hear in New Zeland.....oh well ............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home