The Tweedles

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

13th Month Newsletter

Dear Beatrix
I write this as I listen to you breath heavily over the baby monitor. You have a wee cold and have lots of gurgly snot to have anointed me with on the 13th month anniversary of your birth. Fun abounds around here!
Today you celebrated by letting me feel your gums, letting me notice that you have nearly cut your first tooth. You only struggled a little as I checked for the ever elusive teeth, that have been taunting us, but not making an appearance. You also blew kisses at Paula Deen on TV, which made me both sad and happy. Sad because you notice the TV now and I can't use it to be my grown up companion in the house when there are no other adults around, and happy because YAY Paula Deen cracks me up and you love her too!
Along with your mad kiss blowing skills you've picked up some other party tricks this month. You continue to sign for "milk", but the other day when you were having your first taste of peanut butter you finally signed "more". You've also finally learned the sign for "water", "thank you" and I am sure that you sign "please" sometimes, often followed by "milk" which can mean anything that you can consume. Also much to our amusement, you point and whine, which makes every parent proud. Although truthfully watching you point at things is so cute. Your little forefinger extended and your wee thumb just sticking out the side. So sweet. You're pointing at everything now, since you've discovered that it's a great way to get your intentions known. I can ask you where something is and you'll point to it, like balloons, Bonsai, Chachi, your baby etc. and you'll point. You've also learned about buttons and love to push them, using your pointer. Your favourite is to push the button to open the garage door, and when you do this you squeal with delight, pointing at the door going up. Then you point at the button again to make it go down, then up again, or vise versa if we're coming home. I'm sure our neighbours think we're crazy with all of the garage door up and downing that goes on around here. I've also taught you about light switches, more buttons with cause and effect, FUN!
On the walking front, you're so close. You walk well with a walker and do just fine only holding onto one of my hands. I am convinced that you can walk, but you're a little scared. You only seem to like standing on soft surfaces, like the bed or sofa. You have taken a few steps between your Daddy and I when I've walked you over and let go of your hands. You'll only let me do this a couple of times before you catch on and fall down and won't play the walking game anymore.
You're still a good eater, as in you will eat anything, but you don't eat a lot. I still give you a bottle to supplement your food, I'll keep doing this until you are happy to eat more. I figure that had I been able to breastfeed you I would still be, probably until you weaned yourself, or well after your 2nd birthday, so I am quite happy to still be giving you a bottle. You tried peanut butter for the first time the other day and you loved it, proving that you are your father's daughter. You still love berries and all manners of fruits and vegetables, making me grateful we live in California where I can find any type of exotic fruit or vegetable and expose you to them all. So far you haven't rejected any of them.
This month your Daddy and I bought a new bed which was much needed since the other was getting rather small. Now you have all sorts of room to roam around in at night, but you seem to prefer being right next to me, which is okay with me. It makes me happy that you choose to be that close to me. In terms of your sleep, I think you're transitioning to a one nap a day schedule, which is a little difficult because you don't want to nap at all. I can get you to nap in the car though, so I often find myself sitting in the car in the garage playing games on my phone while you sleep.
This past month has been a lot of fun. I love to see how you're changing and how you've become so much more interactive with me. Like this morning when you woke up you gave me some morning kisses, like you do everyday, the signed with both hands that you wanted milk. It made me giggle that you were so adamant that you wanted milk, NOW! Last night you were pointing at the bowl of oranges and whining for one and when I didn't respond fast enough you pointed at your pointing arm with your other hand as if to tell me that you were already pointing and therefore I should be acting quicker. I love how your little mind works. You amaze me everyday, and I am so blessed.

Love, Mama

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home