The Tweedles

Monday, December 17, 2007

You know, that song!

So I was in Canada last week, more precisely I was in Kelowna. It snowed a lot, it sucked. I think that I was too pregnant to not be home, because I am sure that the whole nesting thing kicked in while I was gone and it made for a loooooong week.

Anyhow while I was driving from the airport rental car place to my hotel in Westbank this exchange came on the radio. It made me laugh and be grateful that I don't live there anymore because there might be something in the water.

radio girl (RG): It's the 80s and 90s all request lunch, call in with your requests!
caller girl (CG): Hi, can you play that song? That Pat Benatar song? It's been in my head all day.
RG: Sure, which one would you like?
CG: I don't know the name of it. *giggle*
RG: Hmm, can you sing a couple bars of it?
CG: No, I don't know it. *giggle*
RG: Oh....
CG: interrupting, it's the one from Guitar Hero 3!
RG: Oh, is it this one? singing Hit me with your best shot....
CG: Yeah! that's the one, from Guitar Hero!

thunk thunk <<-- that was me banging my head on the steering wheel.

I think it's a little sad that people are learning about 80s and 90s music from video games. Or even better, Curt Cobain is now considered a legend! That really blows my mind because I remember anticipating new Nirvana albums being released, and now he's a legend. Golly if I hadn't already felt old.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12/17/2007 9:26 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

They play the "oldies" (a.k.a songs from my youth) here on freaking Sunday mornings from 8-12 AM. I think we all know the only people listening to the radio on Sunday mornings are automatically Old. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home