The Tweedles

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bulleted Tuesday

Yes, I'm lazy. You'll get over it.
  • yesterday my post would not publish, it drove me mad. Finally today I came up with the magical mix of curse words and pleading and, yay posting.
  • I've started the Brewers Diet, so that means I need to eat a lot. It's shockingly hard. Here is what I am supposed to eat in a day. 4 glasses of milk, 2 eggs, 2 servings something meaty (fish, seafood, liver, chicken, lean beef, lamb, pork, beans or cheese), 2 servings of fresh leafy greens, 4 or more slices of whole grain bread, a piece of citrus fruit, 3 pats of butter, other fruits and veggies. In a week I must also include: a serving of whole grain cereal, a yellow or orange coloured fruit or veggie, liver, 3 whole baked potatoes, lots of water, salt to taste. So in a day I need to eat 80-100 grams of protein, which is a lot! Since my stomach is smaller I feel like all I do is eat to keep up with what I have to eat. It's crazy! But this diet can help prevent pre-eclampsia and low birth weight babies. I'm all for that! My one complaint besides needing to eat so much is I have no room for Halloween candy. sigh.
  • Bonsai is seriously on my last nerve. I fantasize about putting him in the shower and turning it on to make him shut the hell up. Then I realize that I'm not that mean.
  • Today Adam rode his bike to work, I begged him to "not get dead". I have a fear of being a single parent.
  • We're set to go to the Google Christmas party, that means I get to buy a new dress and shoes to match. I'm excited.
  • Tomorrow we have appointments with 3 midwives. I have no idea how I will pick one.
  • We've decided to have a home birth. (I don't want anything but well wishes please, especially on this, I'm a little weary of concerns of anybody's except Adam's.)
  • hey I think that's it. I'll add more if I can think of more.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11/06/2007 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of food! Good luck.

 
At 11/06/2007 10:03 PM, Blogger Regan said...

I bought my dress for the holiday party! At least, I ordered it and I hope it fits. I went with something long sleeved since we'll be outside and it'll be freezing. This year I'm all about comfort, screw looking good.

 
At 11/07/2007 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY & congrats on the decision to home birth - that's AWESOME! We're doing it, too. Just feels SO the right decision for us. Don't let anyone get you down about it - you know what's best for you! :) I hope you find a midwife that you absolutely love.

 
At 11/07/2007 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and, the midwife-picking thing...hopefully, you'll meet one & just KNOW she's it! That's what happened for me. We met with two, really liked both, but they were quite different, & we felt really torn...then we met with a third, and within 5 minutes I just knew she was our midwife. Strong gut feeling. So good luck. :) I hope you have a similar experience!

 
At 11/07/2007 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything from the dress to the mid-wife hunting! Friends of mine had a home birth and they loved it...
And I am sorry that you don't have room for the Halloween candy...send it up here and Ian and I will help you. hahhahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home