The Tweedles

Monday, April 09, 2007

Conversations with a 33 month old.

The scene:
Tessa and I are sitting at the coffee table "playing markers" in one of those colouring books where the markers only work in them, not on regular paper or on any other surface. We open to a new page and Tessa proceeds to make a giant scribble, with gusto. She looks to me and says: "Look Auntie, unkatahster!"
I blink a couple times, "Uncle Tahster? Who's Uncle Tahster?"
"No, Auntie!" she replies, laughing at my misunderstanding. "Unkatahster!"
"Uncle Tahster? I don't understand, I'm sorry, who's Uncle Tahster? Do you mean Uncle Adam, is that Uncle Adam, is that his hair?"
"No, not Uncle, Auntie, it's akataster!"
"Akataster?" "What is this child saying?" I ask my mom, who has no clue either. Then my future sister in law sheds some light. "Tessa, is that a catastrophe?"
"Yes! A KASTASTER!" Tessa exclaims, excited that someone understood her.
I just managed to look at her shocked that she knew what a catastrope was, let alone use it correctly in context.
Clearly, she's brilliant.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4/09/2007 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Tessa and I are psychically linked as I will be 33 years old this summer and my life is a catastrophe?
Hahahaha

just kidding, my life is going quite well atm.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home