The Tweedles

Friday, April 06, 2007

Californian Girl

I've returned from the Great White North, which is really more brownish than white right now. While I was there I questioned myself if I still felt like The Okanagan was home to me. I didn't really feel like I was home. So much has changed since I lived there 7 years ago. Kelowna has grown and changed considerably, I have grown and changed considerably. Also my mom sold the house I grew up in years ago, and my grandparent's house was sold years ago, now my dad is selling his house, so I won't have a "home" to go to anymore. It's a little surreal to me, and a little sad. I can't say that I'm losing something, because the draw of the Okanagan was lost to me years ago. However I am really realizing it now, it's rather empowering. I still think the Okanagan is beautiful, and I will always encourage people to visit it, and possibly move there, I just don't think I can live there, maybe later, but not now. I'm loving the Bay Area. I love our proximity to San Francisco, Sonoma and Napa. The culture here is fascinating to me, and I have to mention the lack of snow. It saddens me that we don't have the close knit circle of friends that we had at home, but they're still our friends and we will still see them frequently (and they all know they have a place to stay!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4/08/2007 8:24 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

home is wear the heart is.....look at it this way now you will have a home in New Zealand to go when you need a nice holiday and it will be cheap once you get to new zealand.
I am sure that we will have a roon that is called Deadras room.
love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home