The Tweedles

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween in the Castro.

Last night was CRAZY!
Adam and I were all dressed up, me as Alice in Wonderland and him as the White Rabbit. I wore a costume that my Grannie and I made years ago, it's a short little blue dress with a white apron, with lots o' crinolin. I bought Adam a pair of white scrubs and he wore a white shirt, that had a big pink oval on it so he would have a pink belly. He also wore ears, a tail and a card stock clock. And the best part, his suit jacket, becasue he was a well dressed White Rabbit. I think we were cute, but I don't think that anyone really understood what we were trying to achieve.
My friend (the Canadian hater) wore a Mr. Incredible costume, and everybody recognized him. We were peppered all night with: "Hey it's Mr. Incredible!", "The Incredibles!", "I loved your movie man!"
Personally I think us not being understood and him being recognized says something about society. We're losing the classics. That's sad. Granted I'm a classic children's literature snob, but Disney has helped to keep some going... geeze, I even opted to look like the Disney version of Alice.... sigh.
Anyhow, we left the event early, there were a lot of people and I didn't want to die.
This morning I recieved an email from my friend at home who was a little panicy. Apparently there were 7 people shot last night at the Halloween in the Castro. I wasn't shot, we left about 10 minutes before it happened.
I was glad to leave, there were too many people there, and I couldn't appreciate all of the people because I couldn't see them. All I could see was Mr. Incredible's back. When we were higher on a hill I could see that there was about 5 blocks of people filling the streets, but that was the only time I saw that. The rest of the time I was just squashed in the middle of it all. Crazy.
I don't think I'll go back next year.
How was your halloween? If you stayed home and recieved Trick or Treaters, how many did you get?

2 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, glad you got out of there! Scary stuff.

Halloween here was good. Me and B went out with my sister and my neice (nephew was out of town w/his daddy). B was Cinderella, Niece was a Fairy Princess. Got lots o'loot, and had a blast.

I'll email you some pics this week.

 
At 11/12/2006 12:34 AM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

To clarify, he doesn't hate Canadians, he thinks that Canadian women are the hottest around. But I wonder, if we're hot, aren't we liable to melt the igloos? There must be a lot of drownings up there. I can see the headlines now.
"Another hot Canadian woman dies in tragic Igloo melting accident."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home