The Tweedles

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Aftermath.

Adam and I want to have a signature drink at the wedding. I think it will be a martini, and we will call it the Tweedletini. Now the fun part. We have to make one up, this will involve testing a lot of martinis. Last night we tried the Marilyn, it had Grand Marnier, Creme De Caco, Vanilla Vodka and I added a little milk. It was potent, I thought it was too strong, and Adam liked it. He drank the whole thing. Then we had a Chocolate one, it had Creme De Caco, Bailey's and Lemon Vodka, it was good, I liked it better than the first. Adam drank it. Then we had a Raspberry one, Rasberry Vodka, Vanilla Vodka, Baliey's and Creme De Caco. I really liked this one. Adam drank it. I also made a Vodka Martini. Neither of us liked it. Adam drank some of it.
Enter sleep time
So we go to bed and Adam is, shall we say, drunk? He passes out. I watch TV. He wakes up... the following conversation happens.
Dea: You're alive! Praise be!
Adam: mumble mumble mumble lovey love love.
D: Huh?
A: mumbles
D: I can't understand you.
A: I said, I love you.
D: awww (tickles him)
A: Hey I'll go somewhere where the tickle girl isn't.
D: Oh really, where?
A: I don't want to embarass you.
D: What?
A: mumble mumble strawberry mumble
D: So where are you going to go?
A: I didn't say that!
D: Yes you did.
A: You're silly.
D: Oh really?
A: mumbles
D: Where are you going to go? And how aren't you going to embarass me?
(clearly I made a crucial error here, too many questions at once.)
A: You know, I want an attactive girl, I don't want you to think that you need to be a strawberry.
D: A strawberry?
A: You know some girls are apples and pears andI don't want you to think you have to be a strawberry.
D: Uhhh ok, so what am I?
A: You're attractive.
D: I'm a fruit?
A: mumbles
D:Which fruit?
A: On 17th.
D: Huh?
A: The legal girls on 17th.
D: Excuse me?
A: For television.
D: You want a legal aged hooker from Calgary on television?
A: No silly! Quit twisting what I said.
D: Clearly, the twisting....
A: You know, the people from 17th who have ugle kitchens who are near being bankrupt and they go on the food network just so that they can get a new kitchen.
D: ohhhh, what does that have to do with fruit?
A: Fruit? You're being silly.
D: Clearly.
A: We were talking about the Food Network.
D: Were we?
A: Yes, you're silly!
D: You're drunk, I think you need sleep.
A: mumbles. rolls over

I didn't follow that too well either. I told Adam about this conversation this morning. He laughed and said that I should have just told him to go to sleep. It was way too funny to tell him to go to sleep, it was more amusing to listen to him as he had this conviction that he was right.

Moving on. The 23th came and went and we didn't realize it. We've been married a whole month, and there isn't any carnage.

Well we have to clean the house, we went to Costco and Fry's yesterday and bought the equivalent to what a new sofa would have cost. But we did get a new vaccuum, a crock pot, a massager, a foot bath, a game, and a video game, a lot of booze and a lot of meat. Fun.
Ok going to clean now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home