The Tweedles

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Today is beef stew day.

At the gym today my trainer and I were looking around and noticing the other people that work out there and it made me giggle. We weren't making fun of them but we were looking around. I figure that she sees a lot of people a day and I want to make sure that she has fun with me so that she is all nice and well it's fun to have fun, and I want to make sure that I have fun too so I keep going. Anyhow I am my normal silly self inbetween the greuling bits. So the whole thing made me think of whne I used to work out with Cori and all of the fun we used to have when we went to the gym in Westbank. There were some characters when we worked out together. There was Yo Samity Sam and his bitch. He had this crazy handle bar moustache and she would run and do his bidding for him and get a half assed workout in between his sets. There was Bouncer boy, who was this massive guy who was a bouncer at the bar we always went to. And Mr. Mister, he was just cute. Anyhow those were the ones that we saw the most, and it kept us amused. I am sure that everyone had names for us, like the Talks a lot Sisters, or Hooter Mania... who knows... but if we were naming ourselves I am sure that those would come up, or the obvious "The Goddesses".
When I was living in evil hell town, I mean Vegreville, I went to a gym there and I also kept a blog, I'll cut and paste the entry about that. It was kinda funny, and I also thought of it today cause there were so many old people that go to the gym I do, casue it's day time.

This is from January 26, 2005
Ok I'll add a real entry now, although the other one stands.I was at the gym yesterday and a man came in and he had a cane, yes a cane. he proceeds to walk over to the treadmills and get one and start the belt going and walk on the treadmill. Did I mention he has a cane. Should a man who uses a cane walk on a treadmill? I don't know about that. may ride the reclining bike but a treadmill? So I know I'm beating a dead horse, but it doesn't make sense. If he was doing some kind of therapy maybe he should have his therpist there, as I was sweatin' with the oldies (not a very young gym) I watched him in the mirror and he stumbled... again man with cane probably not a good idea to be on the treadmill. He wasn't using his cane on the treadmill, but he did have a death grip on the handlebars, and I can guess it wasn't so he could get his heart rate.So I pondered that last night.. man at gym with cane, and I remembered a story my friend told me about a couple going to the zoo with their seeing eye dogs. The dogs caused the wild wolves and lynxs to go crazy. So it makes me wonder, why would someone who needs a seeing eye dog go to the zoo? I am sure that the wolves aren't there to be petted seeing as they are foaming at the mouth and trying to break out of their cages to attack the seeing eye dogs. And it's not a petting zoo, it's a regular zoo where people go to LOOK at animals. Why would you go someplace to look at animals if you can't see them. Blind wife: Oh lets go to the zoo I've been dying to smell the elephants.Blind husband: Oh yes I love the smell of a good tiger! Not to mention how those monkeys sound!

Oh the title, I'm making Adam beef stew for dinner.

3 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, beef stew! Glad to hear that life in the fast lane in Cali is treating you well!

 
At 6/02/2007 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the " evil hell town " comment should be stricken from your blog Vegreville is wonderful

 
At 6/02/2007 8:39 AM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

Meh, my blog, my comments. And Vegreville was horrible, it was indeed, an evil hell town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home