The Tweedles

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's really Saturday.

It's late Saturday night and I should be in bed sleeping, but I cannot. I just lay there and toss and turn. It sucks.

My ass hurts like a mofo. I'd wager a guess that's it not becasue of what you're thinking. Adam and I went for a bike ride today, and oh the bruising. Ouchie! I think I want to get a gel seat like he has, it's all nice and squishy. I want bike shorts too 'cause the asses in them are padded. Oh sweet padding, (that isn't my own) how I covet thee. In any case we went on the bay and the paths wound in and out of ponds that are part of the ocean, although you can't see the ocean. Apparently the whole area used to be a dump and they pump the methane out of the ground (resulting from the rotting garbage) and use it to power part of the local town. Cool.
The area smelled a little funky, sometimes it smelled like the ocean, other times it smelled piney, sometimes like anise or fennel, and at one point it smelled like methane. So we got out of there quickly, and I didn't change gears, it would be my luck that the one time a spark is created from switching gears would be when the air is thick with methane. Nice... The bike ride was fun though, I saw pelicans, and I've never seen them before that I can recal. There were also swans, or just some really regal looking pelicans. In any case it was interesting.

We went to dinner tonight. It was all romantic as stuff, well as romantic as you can get when you have blackberry flavoured iced tea and noodles. Yummy. I think that we should cut back on the 'out' dinners though, I really want to be able to buy a house sometime and eating out doesn't help. Although we only go once a week, sigh, but the whole latte factor. And I think that I am going to have to cut back on my trainer. I don't want to, I really love working out and I like having someone there, and I know that my trainer is a student and I don't want to hinder her. I know I have to think of myself, but arrrhhhhgggg.

Today when I was getting ready to go out and putting on make up and all that I looked in the mirror and realized that I am turning 29! Twenty nine. Sometimes I think I look 29 and other times I think I look 50 and sometimes 15. It's strange. I don't want to be 29, can we go back to 25? Or can I just turn 25? Like the 4th anniversary of it? My 25th birthday was so sweet. I went for dinner with a bunch of friends and my then boyfriend. Then we went to nori bong, which is Korean kareoke in your own private room. One of my friends had made me a cake that she brought as a surprise. We all had a great time. What I really loved is that I had a variety of friends there. They were all people that would have not otherwise been in a room together. Now if we could just change the other guy for Adam it would be great!

Hey do you want to know what I want for my birthday?
I want a digital video camera, a digital camera with all of the doo dads and thing a ma jigs, a navigation system, a food processor, a pink kitchen aide mixer, to be pregnant, a blender (ours broke), and Chachi's other ball to drop. I don't expect to get any of this. C'est la vie!

Well I should go to bed, I want to go to the farmer's market tomorrow before I lose Adam to the NFL. It's kinda strange that my husband is so enamoured by men in tights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home