The Tweedles

Sunday, February 28, 2010

1 month newsletter

Dear Hudson.
My sweet little baby, you get your own letter! Today you turn one month old! You are a tiny little boy, but I love you so much! I wondered what it was going to be like to have 2 children and how I could possibly love another child as much as I love Trixie, I knew it would happen, everyone says it does, and you know, it's totally possible. I love you so much. You are so sweet. I can't help but compare you to your sister, you have the same temperament as her when she was a baby, and so I want more children. A friend commented today after watching how mellow you were for a couple of hours that it's no wonder that I want more children, considering how sweet and mellow my children are as babies. I agree. And if you're a toddler like your sister, I'll still want more children.
Your birth, while not everything I wanted, was still pretty empowering and I'm so glad that you made the entrance that you did.
Your first couple of days and nights at home were interesting. You learned that you can imitate a pterodactyl and that you are voracious. Daddy and I keep trying to apply the parenting model we used with Trixie to you, and you keep reminding us that you are your own person and that you will not always do things like her. We're taking notes and trying to keep up. It's a good thing that you're so patient with us!
We've decided to cloth diaper you, and I adore your bulky cloth bum. I've also started to potty train you, much to many people's chagrin. And my little love, you're taking to it! I'll put you on the potty and give you the signal and you try your hardest to go, and many times you do. Hurray! I try not to cheer too loud for you, because it scares you and then you stop peeing. (I learned this the hard way.)
You've taken to breast feeding and bottle feeding like a champ, and much like your Daddy you are a little boob man. You seem to love to breast feed, even if there's nothing there, you're happy to just comfort suck.
I think you're going to have blond hair and blue eyes and I am so happy that you have a little dimple in your chin.
You love to be held and prefer Mama over everyone else. You love baths and will float with nary a peep out of you.
You are an excellent sleeper, but you're a night owl, choosing late evening to be your super alert time, and you sleep away the whole morning and much of the afternoon.
Today I noticed that you flashed me an intentional smile and it was so beautiful. I can't wait to see more of them!
All in all, you're an amazing baby and while you've only been here a month, I can't believe how in love I am with you. I'm such a lucky Mama.
I love you sweet boy!
Love,
Mama.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home