The Tweedles

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eating in Kiwiland.

So far we haven't had anything quintessentially kiwi (except for kiwis*!), but today we did go to McDonalds to get something to drink and we were looking at the burgers expecting to see a lamb burger or something like that. There were no lamb burgers, but there was a Kiwi Burger, which wan't made of wee little Kiwi birds or the fruit, it was strange though.
Kiwi Burger, a la McDonalds (bottom to top):
bottom bun
egg
cheese
burger patty (it's a big one, like the quarter pounder)
obscene amount of lettuce
onion
tomato slices
pickled beet slices
ketchup
mustard
top bum

Sounds good?
Honestly it was, okay. The egg was a shock, and I didn't like it much, and there were too many onions, but I always think that. The pickled beet? Really good! It just adds that pickled taste to the burger, and I love beets, so why not? I did have to take it all apart since it fell apart, and I ended up not eating the patty 'cause, well together it's okay, but on it's own McDonalds beef isn't that great!

Tonight we're having mussels, YUMM! And I've been promised a roast of mutton! hmmm.....

* I had a yellow kiwi, it's like a green one but not as tangy or acidic. It was nice. Trixie was playing with one and managed to break the skin and eat much of it! Oh yeah, we have pictures!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home