The Tweedles

Monday, May 14, 2007

Oh that dog!

Thanks for all of the well wishes for Chachi.
He's doing a lot better. He has a lot more energy now and plays almost as much as he used to, he does get tired quickly and sleeps a lot, but that's okay. He can't jump more than a couple inches so he can't jump onto his favorite chair or onto the bed. We did make some stairs for him to get onto the couch, and he's using them now.
Last night we were playing some games and I was keeping an eye on him, just to make sure he doesn't get into anything. (When I'm at home I keep really close tabs on him, and when I'm gone I keep him locked in the kitchen, where there are less fluffy things for him to eat.) However last night I noticed that I hadn't seen him for about a half hour, so I did a frantic search of the house and I found him in his crate, just lying there, looking all innocent. (Isn't that always the way?) I called him out and he came to me and was all sulky, like he'd done something wrong. And then I saw a glint of something shiny on his blanket. It was a staple. So I flipped the dog over and sure enough there were 5 staples missing, and 10 angry staple holes. I only found 2 of the staples, so he must have eaten 3 of them. Of course I went into panic mode and called our vet (who is open 24 hours) and they told me when I confirmed that there weren't guts everywhere, to feed him some bread to cushion the staples.
What am I gonna do with this little beastie?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5/15/2007 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD Chachi...
sigh
Get him a wee little cone for his empty head.

 
At 5/15/2007 8:24 AM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

They didn't send us home with a cone. I asked for one, but I guess they thought it wasn't prudent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home