The Tweedles

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Chachins aka Puppins and another needle update.

Chachi came home yesterday, he was most excited when we left the vet and struggled to get into the car. I don't think I was moving fast enough from him, it was like he just wanted to get as much distance between him and the vet's office as possible.
He was sent home with a mini pharmacy of medications that we need to give him. We still haven't figured out the best way to do it. Today I improvised with peanut butter to try to get him to stop biting us. It was a little amusing. I placed the pill that we have to give him into his throat but he still managed to work it up and out of his mouth. Crazy dog. Eventually the two grown humans were able to out maneuver and over power the weakened 5.5 pound dog. Sad state of affairs really.
I think we're going to have to crate train him. It was something I wanted to avoid, but since he ended up so sick from eating everything, we need to be able to keep him safe from himself. Our plan is to crate him when we can't be with him, if it's for a short period of time, or keep him barricaded in the kitchen. He doesn't mind the crate, it's for a medium dog and he's a small dog so there is lots of room for him, and when he will just be in the kitchen it will be okay too, since it's a huge kitchen. Right now I have him locked in the office with me, and he finally fell asleep. He's rather stubborn, this little dog of mine. He sat next to the office door, giving me puppy dog eyes, sad that I made him stay in one room. I think he's picked up on some of Bonsai's tendencies, who hates to be locked out of a room. It's like they're ganging up on me!
So thank you to everyone who had well wishes for Chachi. I'm so relieved that he's better. It was really scary when they couldn't figure out what was wrong and he kept getting sicker and sicker. It broke my heart when he refused to eat- my puppy, the K-9 hoover wouldn't eat. It's all better now, he's eating like a champ!
I do have pictures of him with his bandage from his IV and pictures of his naked belly, complete with 9 staples. However I can't find where I put them on the computer. Check back tonight and I'll get Adam to help me.

Needle Update.
When I gave myself my needle last night everything went smoothly, except I didn't wait for the alcohol to dry and there was a lot of stinging. I also pressed harder and when I pulled the needle out there was a little pinch of skin caught between the needle and the syringe part. It made my tummy roil a little when it released as I pulled it out. I still have to pause half way through injecting myself. It's surreal to watch the liquid go into your body, it makes me lightheaded and I need to take a couple breaths. I really hope I don't have to go through all of this again. But I don't have my hopes up that this will be the cycle that "takes".
I think I can feel my right ovary, which is exciting because it's the one that refuses to work. Although since I've started all of this I am hyper aware of any twinges or cramps and it could be anything, or I could just be imagining it. I feel like I'm jaded and I won't get to actually enjoy the early part of being pregnant, since I get all of the early pregnancy symptoms every month from the injections they give me to trigger ovulation. So now when I have the classic early symptoms I know that it could mean nothing and I've stopped getting excited, instead I get rather annoyed. They can be painful and I'm tired of the pain for no reason! Oh well, maybe this cycle!
Cheers!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home