The Tweedles

Friday, December 01, 2006

One Year

Adam and I have been living together for one year today. Although last November I was at his parents for the month becasue we couldn't find anywhere in Airdrie, AB. So really it's been 13 months, but we've been paying rent together for 12.

I was particularily excited about this because I've never lived with a significant other, and we didn't kill each other. Also Adam has had a few long term relationships before me, and they have all been longer than our current relationship, (with the exception of one). Whereas I haven't been with anyone longer than 6 disfunctional months. I know that Adam had a fear of me being psycho and all weird to live with, now while I don't claim to be completly with out oddness, I think I am past the psycho stuff. So long story shortened, we made it, yay. Although the whole marriage thing kinda preempts the worry about the living situations though. What's been really cool is that living with his is easy, there haven't been any weird compromises, we live together really well. We're both anal about the same stuff, and lax about the same too, so it's been an easy ride.

YAY.

3 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go kiddo. A year is a long time
Mom

 
At 12/01/2006 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that. From what I hear the first year is the hardest. I was going to take this opportunity to make fun of Adam, but I thought I would be kind. I hope that the next 50 years go as smoothly as this one did.
Later
Scott H

 
At 12/02/2006 12:39 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

way to go ..congrats.....many more years to come, they will fly by now for sure. You guys are great together....we love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home