The Tweedles

Monday, November 27, 2006

Argh.

I don't want to wallow, but I'm mired in this pit of ugh. I am trying hard to write to get my 50000 words, but it's hard, hard, hard! I don't know if I'll make it, and it kills me. I will finish it all, the whole story will be closer to 100K words, but the pressure to get it done is killing me. I have managed to keep up with the blog end of it though, but just barely.

The marathon thing is falling apart. My shins are so bad that I don't think I can do it. I don't want to really damage them, but on the other hand, I want to like running. Currently I hate it, with the passion of a million bigots. (I love that metaphor) I think if it didn't hurt I could like it. I really want to get to that place where it's just easy. I've reached that place plenty when I do cardio at a gym on something non-jarring, but not with running, I just curse the world and mostly gravity. DAMN NEWTON!

I do have an exciting new project I am working on. A friend of mine and I are collaborating on a series of children's books, which lean to the educational side of things. The series will follow a child into adulthood discussing money type issues. I feel that I actually have the knowledge to write this, and my friend who's doing it with me has a lot of knowledge especially regarding investments. When I was a banker I tended to be more of an educator, I had no issues clearing my schedule to sit with a student and talk about various student loan plans and issues. (This was a common conversation with students, I would generally direct them to a government student loan rather than a bank one, because the government can help you a lot more after you graduate than a bank can.) Anyhow I am quite excited about the whole project. We do need to find an illustrator, so if anyone is one, email me!

Anyhow I think the funk I am in is all hormones. Dudes and dudettes, if the pill can do this, what's gonna happen when I hit the Clomid? Stay tuned for irrational rants by a crazed hormonal woman trying to get pregnant.

1 Comments:

At 11/29/2006 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey D,
sorry to see that you are stopping running training.

I know from my new running that its certainly not easy on the body! But even with my effed up ankle I can do it, so your shin issues make me think that your "program" is too hard. There really shouldn't be those kinds of issues if you were starting your training at a pace that was right for you.

Maybe a goal of a 1/2 marathon in feb was too soon. The training for that is pretty intense, you should consider a couple of 10k (5mile) races...you can do that for sure.

Anyway - hope you dont stop. I'm really starting to enjoy my runs, even last week...when we were out in -29 degrees~~ Burr.
Tammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home