The Tweedles

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Third time's a charm!

On Monday I went in for my third, (yes third!) operation in as many months in order to make my uterus baby ready. And by golly I think we've finally gotten it right this time. To avoid the intense pain I was in from the last surgery where I was awake and felt every scrape of my uterus I was put to sleep this time. This left Dr. Scrapes A Lot free to scrape the inside of my uterus without worrying about my pesky screaming, however that means I didn't get to watch the surgery on the TV screen, which was pretty cool last time, and it means I couldn't ask him my standard millions of questions. He did talk to Adam after he was all done with me and I was waking in the recovery area. He let Adam know that my uterus is all scraped clean, that I had a balloon in my uterus to prevent it from collapsing and scarring together and that basically I survived.
Today I went in for a post op. appointment and he removed the balloon from my uterus, which sucked. (he just pulled it out, OUCH!) He says that I didn't have as much scar tissue as he'd expected but I did have a lot more polyps than expected. We're waiting for the results from the lab to see just what kind of partying Trixie was doing while she had taken up residence in there.
All in all everything looks good. I just need to heal from this summer of surgeries and we can start trying to have another baby.
very exciting!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home